Happy Independence Day!
It is currently my 10 year anniversary of working and being a productive adult in the workforce
Somewhere along the way I found my way into this real estate investing and dedicated my efforts to building passive streams of income to do what I want, where I want, with who I want
Anti Rich Dad Poor Dad will call us undisciplined and with poor work ethic
I have collected the data points of over a hundred calls with investors and have found that it is rare that someone is able to align what they are good at and what they are passionate about
If you like what you do (I mean Saturday morning like what you do) consider yourself lucky
I use the analogy of a sonicare toothbrush and resonance frequency
10 ways to appear engaged at your day job with you are building passive streams of income
1) walk fast and move around frantically – general work areas
2) don’t tell people where your are going on vacation (ie going to Dallas to look at apartments)
3) don’t take calls in your car where people can see you
4) don’t drive a fancy car to work
5) attempt to look like your bring a brown bag to work… Say something like you are being healthy
6) invest in a small compact laptop to analyze deals and emails & Google Drive!
7) use calendar scheduler and VAs to schedule your calls around your work
8) when asked why you are not investing in the company sponsored 401k just say you are a government conspiracy folk… It will be easier to understand
9) just nod and say yes!
10) when you purposely keep your workspace cluttered so you look busy and appear indispensable
(Just for fun!)
And btw keep the day job as long as you can. SimplePassiveCashflow.com/quit