No big deal… happens from time to time.
No big deal… happens from time to time.
I am opening the kimono and getting naked… I am hosting a free webinar showing my 2017 results from my 10 SFH personal portfolio.
WHEN: 6PM, Monday April 3, 2017
It is only available to those who have signed up for the HUI Deal Pipeline Club. Click here to sign up!
Complete Private Form to get on the Guest List:
You will learn the following:
-See how I use excel to track each property performance per the Schedule E
-See how I track overhead ie meals and other fun purchases like my beloved Apple AirPods
-What metrics I keep track of
-How much money I made last year
-What was my average returns
-How many of the properties actually lost money
-This may never be seen again! – I do not know if I will release/record this to the public for obvious reasons so this may be the only chance for you to see this.
Please reply back to me to unsubscribe and I will not email you again.
Check out the first few foundational podcasts and then start on this checklist:
And if you need help starting a SFH portfolio or Turnkey Rentals…
Commentary of the market from my crystal ball:
The Fed and Executive branch are in conflict. Both want control and want to wrestle control away from the other and make the other look bad.
Look out for instability in China as it might be the trigger for economic weakness.
How does and does PML fit in your investing portfolio.
URL/Contact: GetRichEducation.com and Get Rich Education podcast
Began by buying an Anchorage, Alaska four-plex building, and grew nationally and internationally from there.
Founder of GetRichEducation.com Host of Get Rich Education podcast
Active Contributing Writer at Rich Dad Advisors blog
Get Rich Education guests interviewed include Robert Kiyosaki, Harry Dent, T. Harv Eker
1) How much simple passive Cashflow are you making today and how are you doing it?
(You don’t need to give a number if you would like privacy. You can be vague such as halfway to quitting my job, cover my mortgage, Make 25% of my expenses, over $10k, although people like when people open up the kimono.) Covers all expenses for an above-average home, lifestyle full of meaning, giving, time for exercise & travel.
2) What is your Han Solo moment – Han Solo and his buddy Chewbacca from Star Wars were cruising around the galaxy as lowlife smugglers but then cross paths with Luke and Leia and his life took a pivot point. Describe the resistance that was the catalyst for change. Many. Quitting self-property management, launching GRE, Real Estate Guys 2012 Dallas Field Trip.
Did you “burn the boats” or did you let it happen naturally – was there an internal (you decided to make a change on own – what was thought process?) or external trigger (ie got fired from your job)? Internal.
3) Worst life/business moment what did you do after? Lesson learned? Self-management – don’t know how to fix anything, renting to girls just because they were attractive. Lesson learned – hired pro management
4) Current 2-week experiment and 6-month project? (90-180 day goal) A mark of a high performer is to put your ego aside and accept the help of others and mastermind maybe folks can help you by you asking. Not sure I understand, but Keith wants his articles published in Forbes, Fortune magazines.
5) What is your simple passive Cashflow number? Now imagine you had 2x that amount… Describe your ideal day, detailed routine, and what projects you are working on. Income
6) Something that you have recently or thought about “burning your cash” on for time savings or an improvement in quantity of life. Using “Leverage VAs” at $50 an hour. Climbing & summitting North America’s highest mountain – Denali, Alaska.
Your best highest use is most time not being a landlord and being an investor
No one is going to take better care of you properties but its not worth doing yourself
Going from a Quadplex to financial freedom
Don’t be geographically limited – invest where the numbers make sense
A frame work to investing
Value your time… the most important thing. How are your going to do something world changing while you are trying to maintain your job security
Casey is an Outsourced Chief Marketing Officer and his team is available to help organizations that have reached a ceiling of complexity and need marketing and tech implementation to break free. The Tech Guys Who Get Marketing team is the company the “big guys” use when it comes to building complex technology as well as sophisticated marketing engines. Check them out at http://www.techguyswhogetmarke
Topics we talked about:
How he decided to not go down the W2 road
Four Hour Work Week take aways – time is more important!
Conation – natural behavior of how you approach the world – don’t be too analytical
How to tell if your marketing is dysfunctional – Tracking is everything!
Are you a learner, maximizer, analyzer?
Your peer group can be the end of you – mute the right people on social media
Focus on your escape velocity
Email me Lane@dev.simplepassivecashflow.com for a free Burnzone book if you are interested in the AHP fund
Design you life if you could do anything – what is your creative passion
Futurist ideas on jobs
Put yourself in the best situation based on your skills – Functional Teams – This is a concept I’ve put together that helps entrepreneurs pull together teams to support themselves or buttress their weaknesses. The first key piece of this is understanding ones conation. I am really passionate about people understanding their conation (natural behavior, ever since they were a child). There are a few assessments people can take to help them self-identify. By knowing your conation, you can set yourself up for success more effectively. These strategies come from the Wunderlick Test’s creator’s daughter Kathy Kolbe and management king Peter Drucker.
The happiest people out there teachers have to grade papers or edit podcasts
How to build Functional Teams in order to get more done and have more fun
Once you have gone through the majority of podcasts feel free to sign up for a chat! And be let into the Secret Hui Facebook Page.
SPC040 – Fundamentals – Damion Lupo – QRPs, SDIRA, Morbid backdoor accounts, wall street issues, solo 401ks, precious metals, in service roll over & negative interest rates
To sign up for a QRP or a FREE book – www.totalcontrolfinancial.com/spc
1) Why are some policies more expensive than others?
Coverage, deductible, location
2) What is the difference between actual cash value and replacement cost coverage
Actual cash value will depreciate the claim depending on how old the house is, replacement cost will pay up to policy limits if you rebuild
3) Why should I care about liability coverage
Many investors will be wiped out if sued if there is a major occurrence on their property
4) How is coverage amount determined
Many providers have their coverage methodology determined by software that takes into account labor rate and material cost per zipcode and its usually too high. Since premiums are computed based on coverage amount this can be a critical pricing component
5) Brief discussion on flood insurance
Lender required if in flood zone, if cash purchase owner should at least know if property is in a flood zone or not
6) Shared blanket programs vs Individual policy for each property
Most of the programs offered outside of a couple are shared blanket programs meaning you are an Additional insured vs the “Named Insured”. This means less rights when a claim occurs, kind of like giving someone a power of attorney to negotiate and received an insurance settlement on your behalf
Mutual funds (Garbage) are such a sneaky form of investments. See how different fees can impact your investment strategy!
“My wife is officially is quitting her job at the end of this year. Thanks for helping us be able to do that. One of her friends had to go back to work 10-weeks after having their second kid because they need her income to pay the mortgage. It makes me cringe just thinking about that.” –Hui Deal Pipeline Club Member
Sign up for the mailing list and join the free web course “Journey to Simple Passive Cashflow.”
Preview of what is to come…
Week #1 – Introduction to the “Journey to Simple Passive Cashflow”
Week #2 – Seeing the Matrix – You will know why the middle class is shrinking and what you can do to continue your same standard of living
Week #3 – About Me – Learn about my background and why I have the formula for high paid working professionals to escape the rat race
Week #4 – Real Estate Investing from a 30,000 foot view part 1 – You will understand real estate investing and all the options. We will cut through the noise and identify what are the best options for the high paid professional
Week #5 – Real Estate Investing from a 30,000 foot view Part 2 – Continuation with the addition of downloadable tools
Week #6 – A free special gift
Week #7 – Fundamentals – You will get to know the basics of what every investor needs to know without reading a gazillion books or going through hours of boring podcasts
Week #8 – In-Field Experience – A guide to effectively network and build your investor circle
Week #9 – 2018 Trends – The Fundamentals don’t change but the market climate changes so here is the latest market report and things to be on the lookout for
Week #10 – Buying a Rental Property Part 1: Acquisition – Start shopping for deals and refine your criteria to be able to spot out your next addition to your growing portfolio
Week #11 – Buying a Rental Property Part 2: Lending – You can’t buy anything and use leverage effectively if you don’t know the basics of using the bank to your advantage.
Week #12 – Buying a Rental Property Part 3: Operation – Congratulations you are a rental property owner but that’s only half the battle. Now we focus on managing the manager so we can optimize our returns.
Week #13 – Buying a Rental Property Part 4: Mentorship/Networking – You net worth is your network. Don’t be that guy who repels help and good ideas and the last person to hear of the latest trends or work with bad vendors.
Week #14 – Half-Way Point! – Build your portfolio with the end in mind and with a holistic approach
Week #15 – Syndications + Apartments Part 1 – Understand why most sophisticated investors scale up to larger investments
Week #16 – Syndications + Apartments Part 2 – Find out how you can get access to deals once only accessible to the wealthy within the country club
Week #17 – Investor Mindset – Once you get started you realize that the possibilities are endless (I know it sounds cheesy but some people sign the front of the checks and some people sign the back)
Week #18 – Productivity – Following up mindset the limiting factor might be the fact that you suck at getting things done. Here are some of the best tips to increasing your output and having more time to do what you want to do.
Week #19 – Taxes – You will learn what you will need to know to prevent legal chrn from a lawyer who does not know what they are doing
Week #20 – HELOCS/Refinancing – A great way to find lazy money to put to cashflowing rental real estate
Week #21 – 1031 Exchanges – Don’t be fooled but this talked about tax strategy. It is often not what cutting edge investors use.
Week #22 – QRPs – Got funds locked up in retirement funds? Lets free that lazy equity!
Week #23 – Life Insurance Banking – Its called life insurance but its use by the wealthy to bank from yourself and avoid taxes.
Week #24 – Other Financial Hacks – Other secrets I pick up by hanging out with wealthy people
Week #25 – Covering your assets – You will learn some ways to build legal protections around your financial empire
Week #26 – Conclusion – Pulling together the basic and advanced topics for you
This is the stuff you don’t hear talked about from co-workers!
Most so-called financial planners don’t even have a clue – although they are probably a nice guy.
These are the secrets of the uber-wealthy and specific mentorship groups that I have spent over $40,000 to learn over the past few years.
All too often I see hard-working people with good jobs struggling to get by.
These are the same people who are forced to take stressful promotions at work, commuting in the car for a couple hours a day (hopefully listening to the SimplePassiveCashflow.com podcast), going home to the home they think they own but in reality, they are just a slave to the mortgage company.
These “good citizens” are victims of an engineered system to keep then investing in 401Ks, mutual funds, and stocks.
This financial system is setup where the insiders are stealing the majority of your returns (and you take all the risk – to learn more about this go to SimplePassiveCashflow.com/FP).
After over 2,000 calls (Now available to Hui Deal Pipeline Club members) between 2016-2018, I have found that most people Major in the minor things…
For example if you are trying to clear space in you iPhone. #FirstWorldProblem
You are wasting your time with this…
When you should be spending time on this…
And don’t get me started with mentorship. Most people are worried about how much the shovel costs when they are trying to dig a hole.
I am trying to lead folks out of financial entrapent! Lets get out of the rat race together!
Welcome to the website and join the club!
****UPDATED 6/2018 w/ Quick Start List!!!****
Welcome if you are new! And welcome back… here is what I have been working on…
1 ) Just closed my second syndication in my own name. If you want access to these opportunities they are only available to folks with a pre-existing relationship. So sign up for my Hui Deal Pipeline Club and setup a time to chat.
Hui Deal Pipe Club acquisition stats (Estate-2016)- Acquired over $90M dollars of total real estate and $8 million dollars of funds raised.
4) Analyzing just 5 MFH deals a month for my own deals (quality over quality). Finding another deal I can partner with.
Goal: Turn “C” and “B” class properties, 60-300 units (stabilized with value-add opportunity) with at least 75% LTV/25 year amortization. We plan to hold 3-6 years and sell when we have doubled our investors’ money. Utilize Non-Recourse debt for extra security.
Seeking MFH at least 60 – 250 units.
1. Value-add component: typically 85-90% occupancy for non-recourse loan & discount based on condition or motivated seller
2. Price: $1,500,000 – $9,000,000, per unit cost under $55K.
3. Location: secondary and tertiary markets across
4. Class: D/C/B Property in a B/A neighborhood
“I read a book called, “The Millionaire Next Door” and it explained why my pain points were motivating for me, and how I channeled that frustration into something productive…the desire to make my family proud and ‘come up’ in life and pull my family into a better socioeconomic situation, and to ‘have what others have but i never could’ but somewhere along the way, I learned quickly that the ‘having of stuff’ is not what brings happiness so I dont pursue the shiniest of immaterial things… just the MED…. minimum effective dose of what I truly want which is surround myself with a few quality people and necessary things to subsist on than a bunch of trendy new things and fads that will fall off eventually” . –Hui Deal Pipeline Club Member
1) Passive investors are hard to spot out among the typically ‘active’ RE crowd that are majority at most local REIA meetings. Trading best practices was very difficult and I got lost in the fix and flipper group think mentally too.
2) Passive investing is often boring since this is not a get rich quick method of building wealth and uneventful (if things are going well there aren’t too many cool stories).
This podcast and blog are meant to distill content just to the golden nuggets for the passive Real Estate Investor. I plan to go beyond the newbie tips that clutter the internet and cocktail parties because lets’ face it, as a passive investor your time should be spent on things that you love to do and those who are important to you (not trolling real estate internet forums or making makeshift plumbing repairs on your property).
As I get more experienced, I recognize that there are a lot quicker ways to make a lot of money in Real Estate such as apartment investing, flipping high-end properties, or development but for the time being I have a full-time job that is alright and until that changes this is the path that I have zeroed in on. So if you are like me, join me on this train and if you don’t like your job and want to quit you can get on board too we will wake you up when it’s your time to escape the rat-race.
Real Estate has empowered me financially I wanted to give back to the investor community.
“Overwhelmed by the amount of stuff is on SimplePassiveCashflow.com? Don’t know where the heck to start? Text the word “simple” to 314-665-1767 for the curated course to get you up to speed on the past two years of content.”
1) Begin with the end in mind and decide now what you want your obituary to read. We are only here on this earth for a finite period. I like this picture because this is what will probably be on the welcome table at my funeral. I hope you can make it! Rich Cohen wrote that there are four rungs of being remembered after death: “newly dead; dead but remembered; dead and all those who knew you dead; dead and all those who knew those who knew you dead.” In terms of YOU…All that matters is what happens when you’re alive. Your legacy will offer you no pleasure after you’ve passed so live how you dream but know that there are some unconventional paths that you have to take (like buying cashflowing rentals not in your home state). And for myself…fame will do you no favors for me once I die but at least people can use SimplePassiveCashflow.com to get out of the rat race. And if that does not get your going listen to the wisdom of Frank Ostaseski.
2) Create a repository of information where my unborn children or others can reference with some context into what I was thinking. Similar to Seattle Seahawk, Marshawn Lynch’s “Beast-Mode”, I have tried to live my life in “Legacy-Mode”. And I really want to have a real book!
Why a Podcast?
I jumped on the podcast ban-wagon in 2007 while I was working on the road when I did not have a friend near me. It got me into Crossfit in 2008, Paleo in 2009, Real estate investing in 2010, intermittent fasting in 2013, internet marketing in 2015, and led to meeting and creating friendships with a lot of you because we are aligned on the same wavelength. Yes… The phrase “we met on the internet” is totally acceptable! Obviously, a few of these interests have come and gone but in the macro sense, podcasts have instilled a lifelong interest and ability to learn.
Vinney Chopra calls it Automobile University.
When you ask a kindergartner how do you make money? Why don’t they say “invest in cashflowing real estate?” Because their parents don’t have a clue!
3) While I am alive I want to teach/empower others to fish for themselves. In real estate, we use leverage and by teaching others, I am leveraging other people to achieve their financial goals in hopes that they will pay it forward. I poke fun at MLMs a lot but I would like to create a pyramid scheme of philanthropy.
What is the change that you want to make in the world even if its a 1% move in the needle? Financial education – people have such struggle so much to make ends meet.
I was baptized on Easter 2016 and searched for a way to give back. I want to help others but I struggle with giving money away because I know I can grow my money much faster and I am much more frugal than any philanthropic organization. Bill Gates gave back only after he amassed a fortune. Tithing as you go along has a smaller cumulative impact. My end game is to give away my wealth to rightful causes via a Charitable Remainder Trust.
4) I hope my blog/podcast will help families realize the powerful wealth-building effects of real estate so they can spend their time on more important, instead of working long hours and worrying about their financial troubles. There are a lot of successful families with good jobs (teachers/engineers/programmers/finance) yet they struggle to make ends meet financially. It is their kiddos who ultimately get the short end of the stick. (Cool graphs on this subject) Being a Latch-Key Child growing up, both my parents had to work and I was left home alone after school to fiddle with my thumbs.
With Real Estate you are able to grow your wealth exponentially faster than the conventional 401K’s and stock investing, therefore you are able to escape the dogma of working 50+ hour weeks at a job that is unfulfilling. And if you are one of the lucky ones who happen to do what you enjoy… well good for you 😛
Money is not everything but it is important because it gives you the freedom to live life on your terms. And we are being misled by the Wall Street institutions and prevailing dogma. Don’t listen to your financial advisor who gets paid based on commissions.
As a great time in history to be alive with general peace and technological convinced, I see a silent war being waged upon the shrinking Middle Class. This is the Civil Rights movement of my time. In a way, people are having a Stockholm Syndrome with Wall Street profiteers being the captors. Let’s work together to redirect money from the Wall-Street casinos and corrupt financial institutions…To help the endangered ‘Middle Class’ savers find safer, more profitable investments in Main Street opportunities benefiting local communities.
“I wanted to say thank you to all of the Simple Passive Cashflow listeners. The content has been all over the place from Turnkey Rentals to Turkey Rentals and now to syndications and private placements. The feedback from some of you is that it has been a bit of a roller coaster or “Korean Drama” to follow the websites content. To memorialize the past and de-cuttler the past two years of content I have created a FREE web course to get you up to speed by texting the word “simple” to 314-665-1767.”
1) I don’t have kids. After learning about hundreds of listens situations via free calls I hear that this sorta complicates things… 😛
2) I am an ISTJ (introversion, sensing, thinking, judgment abbreviation used in the publications of the Myers–Briggs Type Indicator). I don’t really know what the last three manifest in my life but I am a recovering introvert – a side hobby is this group I started to help others get out of their shell. I believe an introvert has nothing to do if you like people or if you are loud and annoying. Your affinity is determined where you derive your energy. Going to the day job and working with you know “others” was really tiring for me. The weirdest thing is that when I talk to others over the phone or in-person I get so excited and sometimes a little too passionate. That’s how I knew I was on to something. I’ll say it many times but what really fires me up is redirecting money from the Wall-Street casinos and corrupt financial institutions…To help the endangered ‘Middle Class’ savers find safer, more profitable investments in Main Street opportunities benefiting local communities. And it would be awesome to help out people in Hawaii where I now live where so many struggles with finances. I’m not looking to change the world just a portion of it.
“I started the Hui Deal Pipeline Club because I want to see each of you get to your goals financially so you can focus on what is really important to you. There are other fundraisers out there that will train their investors down to 10-15% IRRs on crappy deals and do “deals to do deals” or to pick up acquisition fees. Between investing alongside you folks and wanted to grow my track record the right way with the best product I know you guys will keep coming back and bring your friends.”
“Are you absolutely bored at social gatherings because everyone is super passionate about their JOB and too shameful to get naked and talk about their finances? Been drinking the SimplePassiveCashflow Latte (got your own coffee parcel) and feeling a little lonely? Re-engage your friends having them text the word “simple” to 314-665-1767 to begin the Free web course “The Journey to Simple Passive Cashflow” so they can get back up to speed with financial independence and investing. Remember if you don’t tell them now about it who are you going to have mid-day lunches with when everyone else is still at the day-job.”
“I started the Hui Deal Pipeline Club because I want to see each of you get to your goals financially so you can focus on what is really important to you. There are other fundraisers out there that will train their investors down to 10-15% IRRs on crappy deals and do “deals to do deals” or to pick up acquisition fees. Between investing alongside you folks and wanted to grow my track record the right way with the best product I know you guys will keep coming back and bring your friends.
SimplePassiveCashflow.com is for working professionals who are looking for diversification and better returns outside of traditional investments such as mutual funds and stocks. The Hui Deal Pipeline Club is a free investor club where I filter investments and underwrite the numbers and partners myself. Unlike other investor lists and groups, my investors have personal access to me and know that I personally have skin in the game investing alongside with my investors.
Let’s work together to redirect money from the Wall-Street casinos and corrupt financial institutions…To help the endangered ‘Middle Class’ savers find safer, more profitable investments in Main Street opportunities benefiting local communities.”
“Start Here”Continue reading
Markets: Primary, Secondary, Tertiary, 4th…
Grades of Buildings: A, B, C, D, F’ed
Grades of Neighborhoods: A, B, C, D, F’ed