Private money lending allows you to safely generate “mailbox” money, secured by title to real estate collateral! This is about as passive as it gets!
A private lender provides capital to professional real estate investors for the purchase of real estate or to supplement funds for covering down payments, renovation costs, or closing costs. This is also known as mortgage lending, peer‑to‑peer lending, self‑directed lending, and non‑traditional lending.
This is a way of cutting out the middleman making it a win-win for the investor and borrower (flipper). Private money investors are given a first‑lien position mortgage and promissory note that get recorded at the county courthouse, making this a secure, collateral‑based investment
This is your opportunity to completely hands-off while partnering with people I know like and trust. You don’t have to worry about tenants, buyers, or contractor hassles.
How do most people fund these deals?
- Traditional and Roth IRAs, Pensions, SEPs, Solo401Ks, and other retirement accounts
- Lazy cash sitting in the bank
- By liquidating unsecured investments such as stocks
- Solo401ks or other QRPs
- Leveraging their Homes Equity at 4% to earn generous returns via a HELOC
- Personal and Business Lines of Credit to arbitrage the interest rates
Most commonly, private lenders seek to maximize investment returns in exchange for speed and flexibility—funding traits that are highly sought after by real estate investors. Becoming a private money lender is a rare opportunity to cut out the middleman and become the bank while safely generating a consistent flow of monthly income. Clients who lend us money profit just as any bank would, but at a higher rate of return.
We pay our lenders anywhere between 8 and 12% interest on their capital depending on the loan terms and debt coverage.
How does this work?
STEP 5 – You get your interest just like a bank charges you, except this time you are the bank!
- Never buy a note on something you wouldn’t want to own. Consider the worse case scenario where if your borrower defaults you take it over. You might need to have a team there or some contacts local that you trust.
- If the loan goes into default, take action immediately start the timeline just like an eviction.
- Do not loan money to someone you would feel uncomfortable foreclosing on such as a friend or relative.
- If you are lending money on repairs you might want to originate a separate note with a higher interest rate with separate collateral as to not encumber the original asset with debt that you put you in a lower leverage position if you ever have to collect.
- Beware of borrower robbing Paul to pay Peter. Collect monthly installments so you know if the borrower is getting into financial trouble.
- If you don’t know what you should get in terms of interest rate or don’t know how to evaluate the risk get a mentor or hire a 3rd party professional who will give you their opinion of the deal. Don’t do a sucker deal even if they are offering you 12-15%+.
- Get lender’s title insurance for the loan. The purpose of title insurance is to shift risk away from you to the title company when creating a real estate note.
- Verify that there is property insurance on the deal and that you are named as an additional insured. Even though it’s a remote chance of any issues it costs very little to have you covered. Plus you as the lender often has more to lose than the flipper.
- Insist that the borrower provide you with evidence of payment when property taxes, insurance, and homeowner’s association fees become due and are paid, or when possible have your loan servicer set up escrow service to pre-collect the required funds.
- Get a personal guarantee if you are lending to an entity or to an individual with some weakness. Or, have the borrower execute a Deed in Lieu (DIL) of foreclosure and send it to you or your custodian. Should the borrower default, you can record the DIL to save the expense and time of foreclosure.
Kansas City Opportunities: https://simplepassivecashflow.com/lendkc/
Download Sample contracts
To get first access to all lending opportunities in text “money” to 314-665-1767.
To get first access to our lending opportunities in Kansas City text “moneykc” to 314-665-1767.
“One of the first things I looked into to get away from Wall Street were the many Crowdfunding sites out there but I just was not into paying another middleman to give me a false sense of security and take a chunk of the profits from the operator and me the investor. Text the word “money” to 314-665-1767. These lending opportunities are exclusive to Hui Deal Pipeline Club members to power operators I trust and will put my brand on the line with.”
“My $40K loss in my first Limited Partner role back in 2013 taught me to not work with just any guy you don’t know, like, or trust. Problem is for most investors they just don’t have many options and they jump into a deal out of scarcity. Introducing Simple Passive Lending for access to 1st lien short-term lending opportunities backed with a secure note to a property. For more info, text the word “money” to 314-665-1767.”
“The Hui Deal Pipeline Club is a free investor club where we work together to crowdsource deals and do due-diligence together. Most members in our group graduate to Passive Investors but some investors who I have built a relationship over the past years have graduated to active operator status. To back our own members in something they have found their true calling in I am rolling out Simple Passive Lending to learn more text the word “money” to 314-665-1767.”
- SPC045 – Fundamentals – Private money lending (PML) – https://simplepassivecashflow.com/podcast-45-fundamentals-private-money-lending-pml/
- Webinar – What is Private Money Lending? – https://youtu.be/dShEiWnMCHw
Who’s the manager of the monies and transaction. And capital back after one year? K-1?