https://youtu.be/T-la1Hyc5GkThis is the February, 2021 monthly market update where I go over the news and what's been impacting the economy and our real estate investing Easter egg just to start…
https://youtu.be/aqPWoki-MP8Hey, simple passive cashflow listeners. Today. We have Toby Mathis here, a partner at Anderson advisors, the guys who got me to pay no taxes. Thanks again, Toby for that.…
https://youtu.be/uVO3NcnouII So I'm cashing out some of my real estate that was inherited because the net income is very low given the asset value considering cashing out on a property…
Cares Act ($100k penalty free jailbreak) https://youtu.be/zxglMxTEKjc Solo401K | QRP | eQRP Self Directed IRA | Self Directed Roth IRA Claim your free hardcopy https://youtu.be/pN6oDo6sQEc I agree that retirement plans…
This is the first property in a series (1 out of 9) of acquisitions that resulted from a couple 1031 exchanges. If this is your first time reading this post…
looking for buy & hold rentals
1) Listen to the first 8 podcasts. These were recorded back in 2016, and since I have moved on to syndications but was created as a foundation to help people get started with rentals like I did in 2009 when I was straight out of college.
2) Review the Turnkey Remote Rental guide here.
3) Interact with others in our SPC Tribe!
4) Join our club and get turnkey deals I like.
Accredited Investors &
High Paid Professionals
1) Check out the recent podcasts which is made for high paid professionals and especially these days… higher net-worth investors.
2) Review the Syndication/Private Placement LP guide here.
3) Interact with others in our SPC Tribe! Your network is your net-worth.
4) Join our club and get access to private opportunities. We only work with people we trust so let’s start building a personal relationship. Lets jump on a phone call!
Aloha! I’m Lane!
Welcome to the SimplePassiveCashflow.com podcast community!
I used to be an Engineer at a day job I did not like and I thought there was more to life as many of us high paid professionals think in our tribe. I used rental real estate as my means to financial freedom and I’m curating the content on this website and our eCourse so others can do the same.
Glad that you have joined us on this journey and hope you can help us with our Mission.
Join our private investor club too!
“My wife is officially is quitting her job at the end of this year. Thanks for helping us be able to do that. One of her friends had to go back to work 10-weeks after having their second kid because they need her income to pay the mortgage. It makes me cringe just thinking about that.” –Hui Deal Pipeline Club Member
The Top SimplePassiveCashflow Posts:
This website has been going through daily improvements everyday since 2016. I admit things are a bit all over the place as I learn about these investments and wealth tactics. The following are the top posts on this website and a good starting place.
- Events – SimplePassiveCashflow.com/
- Simple Passive Cashflow’s Investor Friend Finder!!! – SimplePassiveCashflow.com/
- Menu of Investing Options – SimplePassiveCashflow.
- LaneHack – SimplePassiveCashflow.com/
- Group Coaching Mastermind – SimplePassiveCashflow.com/
- Coaching – SimplePassiveCashflow.com/
- Join our Private Investor Club – SimplePassiveCashflow.com/
- Join our team – SimplePassiveCashflow.com/
- Our Mission – SimplePassiveCashflow.com/
- Partner Opportunity – SimplePassiveCashflow.com/
- Products I support – SimplePassiveCashflow.com/
- About Lane Kawaoka – SimplePassiveCashflow.com/
- Quarterly Investor Updates – http://
- SPC YouTube Channel – https://www.youtube.com/
- Real Estate Book Recommendations – SimplePassiveCashflow.com/
- Backwards Engineering Happiness – SimplePassiveCashflow.com/
- Rental Property Analyser – SimplePassiveCashflow.com/
- Visit Lane in Hawaii – SimplePassiveCashflow.com/
- Start Here – http://
Ultimate Simple Passive Cashflow Guide to…
- 1031 Exchanges – SimplePassiveCashflow.com/
- Newbies – SimplePassiveCashflow.com/
- Infinite Banking – SimplePassiveCashflow.com/
- Your Opportunity fund – SimplePassiveCashflow.com/
- Taxes – SimplePassiveCashflow.com/
- Tradelines – Simplepassivecashflow.com/
- Turnkey Rental Guide: simplepassivecashflow.com/
- Syndication Guide – simplepassivecashflow.com/
- Crowdfunding – SimplePassiveCashflow.com/
- Networking – SimplePassiveCashflow.com/
- Private Money Lending – SimplePassiveCashflow.com/lend
- Investing in Coffee/Cocoa – SimplePassiveCashflow.com/coffee
- Investing in Non-Preforming Notes – SimplePassiveCashflow.com/ahp
- Rent don’t buy – SimplePassiveCashflow.com/
- Investor Fallacy: Return of Equity – SimplePassiveCashflow.com/roe
- How to Calculate Investment Returns – SimplePassiveCashflow.com/returns
- Why you should break up with your Financial Planner – SimplePassiveCashflow.com/fp
- Quitting your job – SimplePassiveCashflow.com/
The typical SimplePassiveCashflow tribe member asks a lot of questions..
Why do I have to work 40 years at my JOB?
Why do the wealthy always get ahead?
Why do I stay up late at night reading Quora?
Below are some revisions I made to Dave Ramsey’s steps to save and build wealth.
I know I was beating the drum of the Turnkey rental a few years ago but now investing in Syndications. (Turnkey rentals are not passive and still a PITA) I am admittedly a work in progress and this website/podcast is my journey.
Mainstream investing (401K, stocks, mutual funds, 529, IRA, or anything retail) is based on investing for appreciation. You know buy-low-sell-high …. usually based on factors wholly outside an investor’s control.
Then one day (when you are grey and immobile) retire and live off your nest egg at 4% withdrawal rate.
We (us sophisticated investors) call this gambling not investing.
to put money to use in something offering potential profitable returns, as interest, income, or appreciation in value.
1. play games of chance for money; bet.
Our private investor group invests off the following:
- Proven Operators.
- Proven Markets.
- Proven Demand.
- Invest for Income.
- Invest for Growth.
- Tangible Asset.
- Low Correlation to Wall Street.
Buy-low-sell-high trading mentality encourages the churning of holdings … which generates commissions and short-term capital gain taxes. Which is another reason why we do not like commission based Financial Planners or Registered Agents. Some of these guys use hard-selling techniques. If they make enough phone calls, eventually they get someone to purchase a stock and make their commission.
“Wall Street is the only place that people ride to in a Rolls-Royce to get advice from those who take the subway” -Warren Buffet
In case you have not seen this whole financial world is an engineered system by Wall Street firms and the government which protects them, to prevent Main Street investors from building enough passive retirement income in your 30s/40s as opposed to your 70’s. The mainstream financial news never talks about yields coming from cashflow (income minus expenses). Discussions focus in the context of share prices. It’s pattering you to think buy-low-sell-high. Churn and cha-ching for those executing transitions in the industry. And for most people who are confused and freeze that’s why there is a hidden asset management fee which is an above the line expense to you.
“We know what is going to happen if you keep investing in the same old stocks/mutual funds/bonds… you will keep working at your job with a lackluster retirement in 40-50 years. Invest in real estate for cashflow is a proven way that I created my pension today and allowed me to retire before I hit the age of 34. Do the math… the numbers don’t lie… people do” – Lane Kawaoka
The secret… Is not about appreciation but cashflow. Creating multiple mini-pensions today as opposed to hoping and praying you have enough to deplete from during your dying days.
How do we ensure not losing money?
Buying assets where the Rent-to-Value Ratio is more than 1%, is needed to be able to cashflow after expenses. You find the Rent-to-Value Ratio by taking the monthly rent dividing by the purchase price. When I am looking at potential investment properties the rent-to-value ratio is the very first metric I look at with evaluating an investment. To calculate this metric you take the monthly rent divided by the purchase price/value. For example a home that rents for $1000/month that costs $100,000 has a rent to value ratio of 1% (1,000/100,000=1%). The higher the better. I typically look at a huge list of properties so using excel to make this calculation is the best practice.
It’s sort of like using the dating app Tinder… but with a filter…. I’ll stop there… to learn more click here.
Link to ULTIMATE SPC 1031 GUIDE Link to ULTIMATE SPC TAX GUIDE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBQfXrk-TZw 11 Not So Obvious 1031 Exchange Strategies My promise to my readers: No click bait here…
I was a guest on the Joe Fairless Podcast, how I got started, and a bit about turnkeys and trench drains https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USfnofwIHJs
Link to ULTIMATE SPC 1031 GUIDE Link to ULTIMATE SPC TAX GUIDE Learn how/why I got out my high priced Seattle (Appreciation) market and into 9 Properties In 5 Months…